Friday, July 29, 2011

It's been a while

Been a while since I wrote. The last time I wrote it was about the Tea Party. I didn't know then (no one did) that they would turn into a gang of thugs that would hold the American economy hostage. Today we are on the brink of losing our credit rating and defaulting on our obligations. All because a group of uninformed idealogues wants to shrink government--noble idea, bad timing and bad execution. I am sitting here watching the markets slide, knowing that my life savings may go up in smoke all because idiots like Joe Walsh and Michele Bachman and their ilk want to impose their ideas for America on the vast majority of Americans who don't want their ideas. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest that if people start losing their savings, jobs, homes, etc because of these people, that they will have targets on their backs--and I'm not speaking metaphorically. There could be real anger in the streets on this one.

But I also come back to the fact that no one ever did this to any other president. The debt ceiling has always been passed. Why is it happening to this President? Because the desire to defeat him is so acidic, so venomous that it overrules logic and clear thinking. Very sad and very scary.

No comments: